What is it?
Blond Psyllium is form of soluble fiber extracted from an herb called plantago ovata, mainly found in Iran, Pakistan and India. Blond Psyllium is extracted primarily from the husks of plantago ovata seeds, and is mainly used as a dietary supplement for different ailments including constipation.
Apart from being called Blond Psyllium, it is have other botanical names such as: Balle de Psyllium, Che Qian Zi, blonde plantago, Dietary fiber, Indian plantago, Fibre Alimentair, Englishman’s Foot, Ipagula, Isabgols, Ispagol, Pale psylium, Isapaghul, Ispaghula, Plantaginis Ovatae Semen, Plantago isnularis, Plantaginis Ovatae Testa, Plantago decumbens, Plantago fastigiata, Psillium Blonde, Plantago ispaghula, Psilio, Plantago ovata, psylium Husk, Spogel, Psylium Blonde and Sand Plantain.
Blond Psyllium contains numerous active ingredients such as: Aucubin Beta-sitosterol, Ascorbic acid, Beta-carotene, Linoleic acid, Chromium, Cobalt, Fiber, Potassium, Riboflavin, Magnesium, Mucilage, Oleic acid, Manganese, Oxalic acid, Niacin, Phosphorous, Selenium, Thiamine, Sodium, Zinc, Stigmasterol
Ingredients in Blond Psyllium have medicinal properties considered for treating varied health conditions such as:
- Lowering of cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol: according to research, consumption of high-fat or low-fat diet in combination with 10 t0 12 grams of Blond Psyllium daily can decrease density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) by 5%-10% and the level of total cholesterol by about 3%-14% after 7 or more weeks of treatment.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: there is strong evidence that seed husks form Blond Psyllium relieves constipation and improves diarrhea, abdominal pain and overall well-being. For effective results, this treatment takes about 4 weeks.
- Lowering blood sugar level in patients suffering from diabetes (type 1 and 2) after meal consumption: Blond Psyllium lowers blood sugar level through maximizing its effect in addition to decreasing total cholesterol levels by 9% as well as LDL cholesterol by 13%.
- High blood pressure: consumption of soy protein and blond psylium husks helps in reduction of systolic blood pressure (blood pressure reading) by approximately 8 mmHg and diastolic blood pressure (bottom number) by approximately 2 mmHg in grown up men and women. If you do have high blood pressure, don’t let it make you feel helpless – Take charge of your symptoms. Learn how here.
- Treating Orlistat`s side effects: combining Blond Psyllium and Xenical or Orlistat, can reduce its side effect including: stomach rumbling, gas, oily spotting, stomach cramps without interfering with its weight-reducing effect.
How is Blond Psyllium Used?
The recommendable dosage for Blond Psyllium include: 7-40 grams of its seed daily in 2 to 4 divided doses, for treating constipation; 30 grams per day in 2.5-7.5 divided doses for diarrhea; 6.5 grams 3 times daily for chronic diarrhea following gall bladder surgery; 3.4 grams 2 times daily for diarrhea being accompanied by misoprostol drug; 10-30 grams seed husk in 2-3 divided doses in a day for irritable bowel syndrome; and 6 grams three times daily for gastrointestinal side effects.
Preparation and Taking
Blond Psyllium can be bought inform of a dried seeds husks or seeds, which are then prepared by combining them with water or any liquid for consumption. It is recommendable to mix half to two tsp of Blond Psyllium in 8 oz water for consumption. Alternatively, Blond Psyllium exist other forms such as: wafers, granules, tablets, liquid preparations and capsules. Like any other fiber product, it is highly recommended to consume plenty of water throughout the day while under this dietary supplement.
How Does It Work?
Blond Psyllium cures constipation by absorbing water and expanding in the intestines. This stimulating normal peristalsis (forward intestinal movement) resulting in bowel movement.
It is advisable to seek medical attention if: cramping, vomiting, choking or constipation lasts for more than 7 days. Alternatively, use of Blond Psyllium should not exceed 7 days unless otherwise specified by the doctor. Patients suffering from psylium allergy or rectal bleeding, intestinal blockage, ileostomy or swallowing problem are excluded from using this supplement.
Blond Psyllium side effects include: itchy skin rash, rectal bleeding, bloating, choking, cramping, vomiting, nausea and minor bowel movement changes.