Effective Home Remedies and Vitamins to Stimulate Hair Growth
Those looking for home remedies to help with hair growth do so mainly for a couple of reasons; One, it could be because one was born with fine hair and wants to learn how to make their hair grow thicker and longer. Or, it could be because one is losing their hair due to aging. Although it is mostly men who lose their hair due to genetics and aging, women too can be affected.
There are a vast amount of hair growth remedies one can use to grow their hair or prevent hair loss due to aging, genetics and other factors. All the best herbs and home remedies to thicken hair and stimulate hair growth are discussed below:
Home Remedies for Hair Growth
- Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Growth: This not only works well to reduce dandruff, but can also be used to promote the growth of your hair. It can be used in two ways; you can apply it topically on your hair once daily, or you can take two teaspoonfuls twice daily in a cup of water. Ideally, you should take the home remedy orally a well as apply it topically.
- Arnica: This is a plant related to the sunflower, and is also used as a remedy for hair loss as it increases blood circulation locally. It can be applied as a cream, ointment, or hair rinse twice every day.
- Garlic and onions for Hair Growth: Garlic and onions are good, as they have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. You should eat them raw on a regular basis or crush them and apply to areas where there is hair thinning. Garlic and onions improve blood circulation to the scalp to promote hair growth.
- Spinach: Drinking fresh spinach juice at least once daily can help you detox your liver and thus promote hair growth.
- Neutral Henna for Hair Growth: This is useful as it used to thicken hair and can also help cover up signs of your thinning hair. It also makes the hair that remains much stronger. Neutral henna should be mixed with water to form a thick paste when you want to use it. You should apply it on the hair and wrap it in a plastic film. Neutral henna should be used each week.
- Castor Oil: Regularly using castor oil on the hair also helps to thicken hair and contributes in luxuriant growth of hair.
- Coconut Oil: Apply refined coconut oil every day, mixed with lime juice and lime water on your hair to prevent hair loss and lengthen it. You can also apply coriander juice on their head as it is said to be beneficial.
Do not forget to eat a well balanced diet for healthy hair. The diet should be made of foods that can supply all the essential nutrients needed for the growth of healthy hair. See these top 10 foods for healthy hair growth from webmd.com . The diet should contain adequate amounts of grains, seeds, nuts, fruits and vegetables. However, these foods should be taken with some other special foods, for example milk, honey, wheat germ, vegetable oils, liver and yeast.
What you eat may be hindering your hair growth. However, healthy eating can help your remaining hair look thicker and healthy. Foods like olive oil, oily fish, avocados, and walnuts are good sources of fatty acids which are essential for healthy hair.
Female hair loss is a common undiagnosed condition. It may be caused by anemia; which is caused by lack of iron in a diet. Therefore, women should always eat foods rich in iron such as spinach, lettuce, and broccoli as they can help prevent hair loss. Consistently using these foods can really help a lot. Women who want to regrow their hair, click here.
Vitamins for Hair Growth
Other than generally keeping healthy, the secret to having a head full of beautiful hair is consuming some special stimulating vitamins that help with hair growth.
Vitamins are not just complex organic compounds that possess a huge array of biochemical functions. Just as they are an important part of our diet, they should also be an indispensable part of any hair care regime. Vitamins that promote hair growth can undoubtedly work wonders for people suffering from gradual hair loss, hair thinning, split ends, extremely dry hair etc.
For people suffering from low self-esteem due to vanishing hair and receding hair line, should definitely try out hair growth vitamins. After all, for women, hair is the crowning glory and for men, it is a matter of self-esteem. It is an insulating coat that protects us from the harmful radiation of the sun and also cold temperatures.
As you age, the blood capillaries that supply the hair follicles with nutrients tend to degenerate and the hair follicles receive lesser amount of the essential nutrition. Thus the blood circulating through the capillaries should be enriched in excess of vitamins and nutrients to counter the deficit.
For a long time, scientists and researchers have lost their sleep over the best vitamin for hair growth. They were unable to decide upon one wonder vitamin. Instead, they came up with a number of vitamins, all of which are essential for lustrous, healthy hair. The vitamins can be divided into two main types –
- Vitamins that reduce hair fall and produce more hair
- Vitamins that promotes hair growth
Vitamins that Reduce Hair Fall and Produce More Hair
Among important vitamins used for the growth of hair, the most prominent are Vitamins B and H.
- Vitamin B complex – Pantothenic acid, more commonly known as Vitamin B5 delays hair fall, thinning of hair and also premature greying of hair. Vitamin B5 can be found in abundance in egg yolks, yeast and whole grain. Vitamins for hair growth also include B6 and B12. These, like vitamin B5, help in preventing hair loss. They also prevent greying of hair and increase the production of melanin pigment. B6 and B12 can be found in yeast, egg yolk, cereals, dairy products, meat, poultry etc. Vitamin B3 or niacin is responsible for increasing circulation in the scalp. A healthy scalp will in turn, promote hair growth. Vitamin B3 can be found in animal protein sources like chicken, turkey, beef and yeast. All in all, the vitamin B complex will strengthen the immune system and nervous system. Therefore, it is an indispensable part of a person’s diet.
- Vitamin H – Vitamin H or Biotin helps utilization and better absorption of other vitamins. It also produces keratin which is the outer covering of a hair. This helps prevention of premature greying of hair, thinning of hair and slows down the rate of hair loss. Biotin is found in carrots and in some nuts like almonds, walnut etc.
- Folic Acid – This promoted circulation of blood in the scalp and also allows proper development of cell.
- Inositol – helps to keep the cell membranes of the scalp healthy.
Vitamins that Promote Hair Growth
It is quite convenient to remember the best vitamins for hair growth. They consist of those letters that start with the first letters of the alphabet. Vitamin A, B, C and E are the most beneficial for growth of hair.
- Vitamin A – Even though Vitamin A or retinol is most frequently associated with care of eyes, it is also an extremely beneficiary component in any hair care routine. Vitamin A helps in production of healthy sebum. This secretion of sebum from the sebaceous glands is responsible for lubricating the scalp. Vitamin A is found in any yellow or orange fruit and vegetables. Oranges, pumpkin, carrots etc. all are high in Vitamin A content as they are all coloured food. Vitamin A is also present in liver, sweet potatoes, eggs and spinach. Moreover, the vegetables and fruits are high in antioxidant content also which are also very good for healthy hair.
- Vitamin B complex – Along with reduction of hair fall, Vitamin B complex also promotes hair growth and regeneration.
- Vitamin C – Like Vitamin A, Vitamin C is also an antioxidant. It helps increase circulation in scalp. Vitamin C can be easily found in all sorts of citrus fruits like oranges, lemons etc. It is also found in green, leafy vegetables like broccoli, spinach etc. It can be used as a supplement for Vitamin E.
- Vitamin E – This helps increasing the circulation of blood in scalp and thus lubricates the scalp. Like Vitamin A and C, it is also an antioxidant. Tomatoes, broccoli, avocados, mangoes, papaya etc. are among some sources rich in Vitamin E content.
Natural hair growth vitamins are easy to obtain. They can be purchased over the counter as capsules but they are also abundant in nature. One can easily consume particular fruits, vegetables and meat to acquire natural vitamins for hair growth. A proper combination of all the vitamins should provide the nutrition required for proper hair growing. These vitamins would increase the circulation in the scalp. This would keep the scalp nourished and lubricated. It would make the hair follicles strong and thus prevent further hair fall. They would also increase the amount of hair and increase the growth rate of the hair.
So, it is best to compose a diet chart that provides all the essential vitamins and in adequate quantity. The results would be visible within weeks. The skin would glow and hair would become shiny, lustrous. You would not have to spend unnecessarily on shampoos that claim to give you long, healthy and strong hair. After all, you only end up applying harsh chemicals on your hair that do more harm than good. So start taking the Vitamin A, B complex, C, E, H, Folic Acid and Inositol. These vitamins for hair growth would definitely solve your hair problems and give you a head full of strong hair that would certainly attract the limelight on you.
Watch this video to see which vitamins this girl uses to help the growth of her hair amongst other health benefits.
Here are some more effective natural home remedies that one should try in order to prevent or reduce hair loss:
- Scalp Rub: Rub your clean scalp vigorously with fingers as it helps to prevent hair loss. Doing this activates the sebaceous glands and boosts blood circulation on the scalp to make the hair grow healthily.
- Lime and Alma Juice: A mixture of equal quantities of fresh lime juice and alma juice, when used as shampoo, can prevent hair loss and stimulate hair growth.
- Spinach and Lettuce: Taking about half a liter daily of a mixture of spinach and lettuce juice can help prevent hair loss and also promotes the growth of your hair.
- Coconut milk for hair growth: This is one of the more well-known home remedies that is repeatedly reported to have good results for hair growth. Other than eating it, you can also apply coconut milk on your scalp and massage the hair roots with it to treat hair loss. Coconut milk nourishes the hair and helps it grow and is also well known to thicken up your hair.
- Onions have been found to help in treating patchy baldness. Rub the affected part till it turns red twice daily; mornings and evenings. Then you should rub some honey afterwards.
There are many herbs you can use as which will help a lot. Saw palmetto is a good herb that can help men in particular to grow their hair. Apart from this herb, there are various other good herbs for hair growth and they include birch, cat-mint, nettles, horsetail, licorice, marigold, chamomile, aloe, parsley, burdock, sage, rosemary, southern-wood, and stinging nettle.
Herbs help improve blood circulation and thus adequate amount of blood is supplied to the scalp. Some herbs like stinging nettles, nettles, and aloe can improve skin conditions and purify blood. Licorice helps in thickening of hair and prevents hair loss.
Herbal home remedies are arguably the best in hair care because they don’t have side effects. However, before you use any herbs as remedies for your hair, it is always wise to consult with an herbalist.
Special Herbal Remedy
Click on the bottle below to learn more about ReGrow Plus!
I hope you have enjoyed our list of home remedies and natural treatments so be sure to make use of them to prevent hair loss and promote the growth of strong and healthy hair.
It is always wise to consult with a health professional before using any home remedies for any reason.
Ebooks Related to Hair Growth
Hair Loss Prevention Tips
In less than 5-Minutes & 100-Brush Strokes, Get to the Root of Hair Loss Prevention .
To get this ebook and many others delivered to your inbox each week simply sign up to our helpful home remedies newsletter!