Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, which remains in the fatty tissues of the body, reducing the need for the consumption of large amounts of the vitamin. Signs of deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins are not immediately apparent, so it is difficult to diagnose.
- Tocopherol is the main antioxidant in food. In addition, to vitamin E, from antioxidants the most popular are vitamin C and beta-carotene.
- According to modern standards, the daily intake of vitamin E is about 10 mg. These figures relate to the d-tocopherol, which is a natural kind and has the highest activity. The most common form of vitamin E used in the food industry – is dl-tocopherol, a synthetic form of vitamin E.
- The effectiveness of the synthetic vitamin E is slightly more than half of the efficiency of its natural counterpart.
- It is a major antioxidant nutrient;
- Slows down the aging process due to oxidation;
- It improves the nutrition of cells;
- It strengthens blood vessel walls;
- It prevents blood clots and promotes their resorption;
- Strengthens the myocardium.
Foods That Are Reach In Vitamin E
Vitamin E is presented in many foods; especially some of them are rich in fats and oils. In particular, it is contained in the following products:
- Sunflower oil and seeds,
- Whole grains,
- Egg yolk,
It is contained in vegetable oil and butter, vegetables, milk, eggs, liver, meat and cereal embryos. As a dietary supplement is referred to as E306 (mixed tocopherols), E307 (?-tocopherol), E308 (?-tocopherol) and E309 (?-tocopherol). Involved in the biosynthesis of proteins, cell proliferation, cell respiration and other metabolic processes in cells.
Vitamin E prevents blood clots and promotes their resorption. It also improves fertility, reduces and prevents hot flashes in menopause.
It is also used in cosmetics to keep skin young, it helps to heal skin and reduce the risk of scarring. In addition, tocopherol helps in the treatment of eczema, skin ulcers, herpes, and herpes. Vitamin E is essential for red blood cells; it improves cell respiration and enhances endurance.
Click here for a list of natural vitamin supplements for sale