Home Remedies for Asthma – Effective Natural Treatments
Although this condition affects hundreds of millions of people all over the world, there are so many home remedies and natural treatments for asthma besides conventional medicine that people can use to get relief right from the comfort of their home.
Asthma mainly attacks children but even adults are affected. To be perfectly honest, it is far better to prevent the development of asthma than to treat it. However, those affected by the problem have to do anything and everything to treat the condition.
Here are a few simple yet effective home remedies that can come in handy to relieve someone from symptoms of asthma
- Water and Lemon: Water and lemon are well known for their cleansing properties. Water gets rid of toxins from the body and purifies blood. On the other hand, lime or lemon is known for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant properties which easily break down your mucus, especially useful for those suffering from asthmatic bronchitis.
- Bananas: Bananas are great for asthma as they provide fast relief for quite serious attacks. One should heat a banana on the stove or using the microwave and then sprinkle some black pepper powder before they eat. Doing this temporarily opens the airways and there is free flow of air to help alleviate pain caused by asthma. Although this remedy is only temporary, bananas are one of the best home remedies as they provide instant relief.
- Figs: Figs are fruits that are used to treat a number of illnesses, asthma included. These fruits make one feel comfortable as they deplete the phlegm. One should thoroughly clean two or three figs with slightly warm water and then soak them in water throughout the night. They should be eaten early in the morning. Always keep your home stocked with figs.
- Honey: Honey is an effective immune booster and helps to treat as or prevent asthma attacks. When one has an asthma attack, he or she can inhale honey vapors through the nose. Alternatively, he/she can take a teaspoonful of honey about three or four times daily to relieve asthma symptoms. Honey can also be used in a beverage.
- Garlic: Garlic naturally consists of anti-inflammatory properties that help in asthma treatment. Garlic reduces the amount of mucus produced by the bronchial tubes. One or two garlic cloves should be chewed every day or one can add garlic juice to several other vegetable juices and then drink.
- Camphor and Mustard Oil: You should rub the camphor and mustard oil mixture on your chest when going to bed or as soon as you experience breathing difficulties. Mustard oil gets into the skin to break down phlegm, which is responsible for asthma attacks. This way, you get relief from symptoms of asthma attacks. However, this mixture must not be taken orally.
- Coffee: Coffee, through its caffeine content, acts in the same way as over-the-counter asthma medications. It helps to open the air ways of an asthmatic patient. Taking one or two cups of coffee should help to relieve symptoms of asthma such as wheezing and breathlessness.
Additional and effective herbal remedies include bishops weed, Indian gooseberry, bitter gourd root, and drumstick leaves. Bishops weed works in the same way as an expectorant, while the Indian gooseberry boosts ones immunity. The bitter gourd root has antiviral agents and drumstick leaves have antibacterial properties which all help in asthma relief.
All these herbal remedies are very rich in vitamin C and are thus effective for treatment of asthma attacks.
Although studies have proved that medication is the most effective treatment for asthma, natural remedies have also been known to be effective and more and more people are ditching conventional medicine in favor of them.
Diet has a massive impact on asthma with studies showing that those who alter their diets get significant improvements than those who don’t.
Childhood diet is also important in prevention of asthma. Since this condition mostly affects children, it is important that they get proper diets in order to prevent development of asthma. This is especially true in cases where there’s a history of asthma in the family.
Fruits are well known to be effective in prevention of asthma in children as well as in treating those already affected by the condition. Fruits are one the best asthma fighting foods for children and you should make sure that your child eats lots of fruits such as apples, mangoes, oranges, berries, melons etc. So always buy fresh fruit for the kitchen in your home.
Asthma in adults can also occur as a result of viral infections or environmental factors. But adjusting ones diet a little has been proved to reduce symptoms of asthma in both adults and children. Admittedly, asthma from one person to the other varies in the severity, but it has been proven that those with even severe symptoms of asthma can get relief from eating a healthier diet.
Vegetables; Just like in children, eating a good amount of fruits every day, especially citrus fruits or apples can help in relief of asthma symptoms or even prevent asthma development. Vegetables are also important in asthma relief, although many people tend to overlook them. Eating carrots, tomatoes, and leafy green vegetables such as lettuce in ones diet is are all helpful to those suffering from the condition. Although all these natural remedies may not completely cure asthma, they provide great relief and you will not need to depend so much on an asthma inhaler.
Butterbur herb is a popular natural asthma remedy. The shrub has properties which help in soothing muscle spasms. It also works like an anti-inflammatory to provide relief from asthma symptoms. The herb has several possible side effects though.
Natural Product to Help Asthma Sufferers
CLICK THE BOTTLE BELOW to learn more about BioVent Drops – Incredible natural remedy for Asthma sufferers!
Other Preventive Measures
One should not overeat before they go to sleep as this can trigger an asthma attack. One should try to at least eat two or three hours before going to sleep. He or she should avoid smoking or any kind of smoke. One should wear a scarf or face mask in cold weather. One should also avoid breathing in cold air from a freezer and steer clear of animals with fur.
Cleanliness is Important at Home
The air conditioner as well as furnace filters should be replaced every month in order to avoid dust recirculation. Choose latex pillows as they not allergic as compared to feather pillows. In addition, one should use dust-proof covers on their furniture and mattresses. You should make sure your home is clean and neat to reduce chances of getting asthma attacks.
All of the above are the simple but effective remedies for treating asthma that can be used to relieve its symptoms. Aside from these home and natural remedies, one should also take note of things such as foods, allergens and many more that can trigger serious symptoms of asthma and try to avoid them. Although asthma attacks are very uncomfortable, one can use a few safety measures and home treatments to prevent or relieve the symptoms.
We have hundreds of natural health ebooks including some on asthma. Get one free home remedies ebook every week for up to a year, simply fill in the form and join our weekly!
E-Books About Asthma
Grab this e-book today here: Dealing with Asthma Naturally
Sign on our once a week helpful tips email list and pick up home treatment plus natural health condition ebooks one dispensed to your inbox every week for free!.
If you invest in my unique work, “The Big Book of Home Remedies” you may in addition receive prompt access to the reserved members location and that allows you to get a hold of any of our 400 and more professional health pdfs absolutely free.