Using wart removal home remedies are something many who are afflicted with warts may be very interested in. To successfully remove these nasty troublemakers using home remedies, we first need to understand some details about warts.
What are Warts?
Warts are generally small, rough outgrowths. One can have warts on hands and feet among other body parts. They mostly resemble a minuscule cauliflower. They can persist for months to more than a year and they might recur later too.
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) is the main causative organism of warts. Over 130 known type of HPV can infect the squamous epithelium of humans causing a benign growth called a ‘papilloma’ or a ‘wart’.
Types of Wart
There may be many types of warts. Of these, the most prominent are the following;
- Common wart or Verruca vulgaris – It is an elevated wart with rough surface. Though can occur on any surface, it is most common as warts on hands.
- Genital warts – This is associated with ‘high risk’ Human Papilloma Virus as these have the potential to cause cervical cancer.
- Flat wart – This type predominantly occurs on face, hands, neck and wrists.
- Digitate or filiform wart – This type also occurs on the face, especially near the lips and eyelids.
- Mosaic wart – Commonly occurs on the soles of feet and hands.
- Plantar wart – This type also occurs on the sole of the feet. But these are very hard and extremely painful.
- Perilungual wart – A painful type of cauliflower like warts that forms underneath the nails.
Home Remedies for Removing Warts
Many people have suffered from these menacing warts and everybody looks for reliable treatments to remove them. Wart removal can be done by three major methods or by a combination of them. These are:-
- Over the counter medicines to remove warts – Many pharmaceutical companies have creams, gels and other topical ointments as wart removers. Some also have oral medication. These can be easily purchased.
- Procedures – Surgical procedures, laser treatment, cryosurgery, keratolysis using salicyclic acid etc can be used to remove warts.
- Home remedies – There are many wart removal home remedies that one may opt for to get a relief from the persistent problem of warts.
More Treatments and Remedies for the Removal Warts
- Castor oil – Every night, before going off to bed one should apply copious amounts of castor oil in the affected area. This remedy should see the warts reduce in size and disappear with regular application.
- Figs – Hardly ripe and fresh fig fruits should be collected. These fruits can be crushed and a milky white fluid can be extracted from it. With regular application of this fig milk in the affected areas, warts can be removed.
- Potato – In the treatment and removal of warts, juice of a raw potato is extremely beneficiary. But, there is one problem. The potency of raw potato juice decreases manifold when it comes in contact with air. The air causes reduction in the potato juice and renders it less effective. So to derive the maximum from the juice, one should pulp the potato and apply it on the affected area. Then the area should be bandaged to hold the potato pulp in place. One should take care to change the bandages regularly for best results.
- Onion – The juice of onions is irritant to human skin and increases the circulation in an area. So when warts are treated with juice of a fresh onion, then the blood flow to that area increases a lot. The onion juice must not be rinsed off. It is also an effective wart removal home remedy.
- Indian Squill – Indian squill is a bulbous herb. The bulb of this herb is crushed and a juice is extracted. This juice should be applied to the affected area and the results are extremely satisfying.
- Dandelion – A milky fluid oozes out from the cut end of a dandelion. This is a very mild yet effective treatment for the removal of warts. The juice of dandelion can be applied to sensitive areas like the face and also for genital wart removal.
- Marigold – The sap from marigold leaves and stem are often applied in quick succession for quicker wart elimination. Marigold leaves are soaked in hot water and then blended into a paste. This paste is applied religiously on the affected areas and covered with bandage to keep it firmly in it’s place. Regular and repeated use should give good results.
- Cashew nut oil – This is a strong irritant to the skin and it helps to dry up and remove the warts.
- Pineapple juice – Juice from a fresh pineapple will also help to dry up warts as it is also an irritant to skin.
- Papaya juice – Papaya juice contains high levels of a proteolytic enzyme called papain. Papain makes the skin of the wart softer and thus provides relief from the pain.
- Vitamin E oil – Take a vitamin E oil capsule, cut it and apply the oil on the affected area for beneficiary results.
- Tea tree oil – A poultice made of tea tree oil can also be applied.
- Aloe – This can be applied externally as creams or directly as gels extracted from the plant.
- Garlic – The anti – viral properties of garlic are extremely dependable. Crush some garlic and apply on the affected area. The area should be covered with a bandage. The bandage should be taken off after 24 hours. A blister would form on the wart but it will eventually fall off.
- Chickweed – This herb can be used the same way as garlic. Both these home remedies to remove warts are effective.
- Lemon and apple cider – Prepare lemon slices and soak them in apple cider vinegar. Allow this to stand for 14 days. Then the lemon slices would become extremely high on acid content as it would soak in the apple cider vinegar too. Then the lemon slices are to be applied on the warts. The HPV causing the warts would not be able to survive in such acidic condition and the wart would fall off. This method one of the more potent home remedies for the removal of warts.
- Calendula – This herb has a dual attacking capability and is also one of the more potent home remedies. Prepare a strong tea of Calendula and this can be applied to the affected areas and also ingested.
There are many more wart removal home remedies that can be used to get rid of ugly warts and also prevent them from recurring.
Free Ebook related to removing warts
This book is going to focus on introducing as many different natural treatments for warts and moles as possible, because it is always preferable to use treatments which are both safe and natural for any wart removal method.