Home Remedies for Skin Tags – A Definitive Guide
This article talks about what the condition is and offers some helpful home remedies that are effective for removing skin tags. Keep reading to learn all you need to know about what skin tags are and how to remove them safely.
Skin tags, also know as acrochordon or papillomas are benign skin growths that resemble small balloons of hanging skin. They grow on the skin surface mostly on the face, nose, armpits and chest. It is not well understood what causes skin tags but they are often associated with obesity, high blood sugar and rubbing of skin against garment or other skin.
Skin tags are generally harmless and painless and it is a viable option to leave them intact. If however they cause cosmetic problems or discomfort during such activities as shaving and dressing, there are many easy and effective home remedies you can do to for removing skin tags. These include:
- Garlic: The strong anti-fungal and antibacterial properties of garlic make it great for skin health and you can use it to dry out skin tags. Cut a thin slice off a garlic clove and place it on the skin tag. Cover with duct tape and leave it intact for the entire day. Replace it with a fresh slice and repeat the process till the skin tag falls off.
- Lemon juice: The citric acid in lemon juice decomposes the cells of the skin tag. Take a slice of lemon and squeeze a few drops of juice onto a cotton ball. Apply directly onto the skin tag. Repeat the process three times a day until the tag falls off.
- Tee tree oil: Tee tree oil has antiseptic properties that help to dry out skin tags. Soak a cotton ball in water and add three drops of tea tree oil onto it. Rub it onto the skin tag and the surrounding area three times a day. Do not use a very strong solution so as to avoid skin irritation.
- Oregano Oil: The components of oregano oil have strong antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which make it ideal for various skin issues. Mix two to three drops of oregano oil with four to six drops of coconut oil and apply it onto the skin tag three times each day. This remedy takes up to two months to work fully. Take great caution to avoid getting the oil into contact with your eyes.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Due to its acidic nature, apple cider vinegar helps to induce the skin tag to fall off. Soak the affected area in warm water to make the skin tag soft then pat it dry. Apply a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar on the skin tag. Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat this 2 or 3 times a day until the skin tag falls off. Vinegar is strongly acidic and can irritate the skin so it is advisable to mix it with a few drops of water before applying.
- Fig Stem Juice: This remedy is used widely in solving skin issues because of its ability to maintain the alkaline-acid balance of your body. Apply the juice onto the skin tag using a cotton ball up to four times a day. Results will be visible within four weeks.
- Using a Thread or Dental Floss: This works by blocking blood supply to the skin tag. Tie a thin strong string or dental floss tightly around the base of the skin tag. Leave it in place for about a week and the tag will fall off by itself. This method can be a bit painful and irritating but is very effective.
- Asphyxiation: This involves depriving the skin tag of oxygen. This can be done by covering the papilloma for a long period with a nonporous, airtight material such as nail polish, liquid band aid, special creams etc. The skin tag will dry out and fall off in about 8 days.
- Freezing: This is similar to the procedure used to dry out warts. It involves applying liquid nitrogen using a special kit available in select stores. After applying the liquid nitrogen, the tags will fall off in a few weeks.
- Dandelion Stem Juice: This juice is instrumental in treating a number of skin issues such as eczema, warts and moles. After you have extracted the juice from the dandelion stem, apply it directly on to the skin tag and cover it with a band aid. Repeat four times a day and remember to clean the area in between applications. Your tag will gradually dry and fall off. Some people are allergic to this solution so discontinue use if you notice any adverse reaction the first time.
Free Home Remedy PDFs
Get this e-book now here: NaturalRemedies-HRL
Enroll in our once a week home remedies e-newsletter and pick up home remedy plus natural health condition books such as this one dispensed to your email every week scot-free!.
Assuming that you order my exclusive book, “The Big Book of Home Remedies” you may furthermore secure prompt entry for the special members area and this allows you to obtain any one of our 410 and more natural health ebooks totally free.