Using acne treatment cream to avoid acne is a common practice. Some are relieved and some get them back after a while. So, wouldn’t it be better if we can cure those pesky red pustules on the face with some alternative methods that have long-lasting results. As we exercise the whole body. In the same way, there are some facial yoga exercises that help in rooting out this problem. In this article, you will find some yoga poses that help in preventing the acne issue.
In Sanskrit, “paschim” stands for west, “uttana” for stretched out and “asana” for pose. Follow the following steps to perform it:
- Sit comfortably with your legs stretched out and keep your back straight
- Your toes should pint towards you with arms kept aside
- While breathing in, raise your arms above your head and stretch
- Now while breathing out, bend towards your toes
- If you can touch your toes, hold them to move ahead or if you are not able to do so, just keep your hands on your legs wherever they can reach
- Now while breathing in again, lift your head and stretch your spinal cord.
- While breathing out, try bringing your navel as close to the knees as possible
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times
- Bring your head down
- Breathe deeply for 30-60 seconds
- Stretch both the arms
- While breathing in, take your spine back
- While breathing out, relax your arms and bring them on to the sides
How does it help in curing acne?
As we know, hormones play a key role in acne formation. It helps in regulating hormones in the body.
In sanskrit, “ut” stands for intense, “tan” for stretch and “asana” for pose. Here is how to do it step-by-step:
- Stand straight with your arms on your hips
- While breathing out, bend from the hips
- Bend your elbows, hold each elbow with the opposite hand
- Drop your head down
- Turn thighs inwards without locking the knees
- Don’t curl up, keep your torso hanging straight downwards
- Touch the floor with the palm of your hands or fingertips. If you can do the former, keep your fingertips in line with the toes.
- Make sure that your hips are in line with the ankles
- Hold on for a minute
- Put your hands on your hips
- Bring your head back and straighten up your spine
- Repeat it 5-10 times
- How does it help in curing acne?
- It helps in reducing stress. Stress too is one of the reasons for causing acne on the face.
In this pose, the entire body weight falls on the muscles of the neck, shoulders and hands. Do it step-by-step like this:
- Sit on the floor
- Bend forward with the fingers of both the hands inter-twisted into each other.
- Rest both the hands and elbows on the floor
- Keep your head on the top of your fingers
- Move and lift your body from the hips
- Move your knees inwards
- With the power of your hands, lift your feet above the ground
- Hold your breath at this point
- Lift further. Don’t try doing it quickly
- Lift the legs from the front of your body
- Breathe normally
- Lift your legs so that they come in line with the whole body
- The body at this point is vertical
- Hold on to this position for some minutes
- Bring it back following the same steps and don’t hurry
How does it help in curing acne?
This pose increases blood flow towards the face thus nourishing it. Here are other reasons for causing acne on the face.
Lisa Fletcher is a beauty blogger and natural skin care expert. She understands how natural solutions demonstrate a positive effect on skin and health. She dedicated her career to redefining the meaning of skincare with natural skin care products.