In this article we will discuss several awesome ways including effective home remedies for dealing with anxiety. This is a health condition that can can cause a lot of suffering if left untreated but by treating it naturally, the problem can easily be kept under control.
Anxiety is an emotional feeling that you get in life. Having anxiety sometimes is not abnormal because all people experience this feeling at one time or another. It is also people’s way to show they are concerned about something. Mild anxiety may even be beneficial because it enhances your perceptual field, meaning that your reflexes and senses become more active.
However, when anxiety sets in regularly with no apparent reason or anxiety disrupts your daily activities, it may be time for you to seek a psychiatric evaluation because these may be signs of general anxiety disorder or a kind of anxiety-related disorder.
It is one of the most difficult things to have as you live through each day, and knowing how to deal with anxiety, along with getting rid of it could greatly help you live a much happier life.
There are several things you can do to deal with this condition and maybe get through it with time, and the more techniques you know on dealing with anxiety, the more relaxed you will become. For some, they think that it takes years to get better and overcome this thing called “anxiety“, but it doesn’t have to be that way, and nobody said people weren’t allowed to get rid of anxiety in a short amount of time.
So, remember that you don’t have to struggle for many years to get better. When you learn how to overcome anxiety, you will then be able to live your life without having to worry about anything anymore. Learning how to treat depression or anxiety is never going to be an easy task, because you will feel a bit of self pity on yourself at times, but when you give time on learning how to deal with anxiety, you’ll no longer need to worry about anything.
Management of anxiety involves administration of anxiolytic drugs. However, these drugs may have various negative health effects such as sedation or CNS depression so people find ways to manage anxiety using natural remedies.
Essential oils extracted from plants have been found to provide natural anxiety relief. Some of the most effective ones are lavender, bergamot, jasmine, melissa, rose, cypress and sandalwood. To treat anxiety, the essential oils can be used as massage oils or added to bath water.
Other oils that can be used as massage oils are sunflower, corn, sesame and coconut. The oils should be heated and massaged onto the whole body. This can be done before bed time in order to sleep soundly or before taking the morning bath so as to have an anxiety free day.
Start Eating Anti Anxiety Foods
Food like pizza, ice cream, and cooking may be very comforting, but frankly, they don’t do anything for your anxiety, yet they even worsen it at times. The proper nutrition equals a healthier body system, so when you eat healthier, your body will function better and more smoothly.
- Peaches: Peaches are a very amazing fruit for anxiety, and the reason why this fruit helps anxiety is because it contains phytonutrients that relaxes you. Peaches also improves the skin and prevents you from getting a variety of cancers as well. Peaches contain a natural sedative that really minimizes the amount of anxiety and stress that you currently have in your life. Peaches are also a great comforting fruit that is way healthier compared to ice cream and cookies.
- Onions and Celery: Sometimes, anxiety can be caused by deficiencies in folic acid and potassium. These can be addressed by eating onions or celery, foods that are rich in the minerals.
- Acaia Berries: Acai berries are actually a new way to calm people with anxiety, but though it’s not as popular as peaches, it contains all the anxiety relieving benefits that peaches have. Acai berries also have phytonutrients that actually help keep your moods positive and up beat as much as possible. Acai berries also make you feel better whenever your anxiety tends to feel unbearable. Acai berries also levels out your blood sugar, and it also boosts your metabolism, which means you will be able to lose weight by eating a couple of these berries everyday.
- Orange Juice, Honey and Nutmeg: Orange juice mixed with some honey and nutmeg is also a good natural remedy for anxiety. In addition to that, orange peels have an aroma that when inhaled can reduce anxiety. To make the aroma stronger and more effective, the orange peels can be simmered in a potpourri to release very calming and fragrant oil. Inhaling the oil will instantly bring relief for anxiety.
- Almonds: Almonds aren’t just a delicious snack, but they are also a very amazing mood enhancer as well. Almonds contain a high percentage of monounsaturated fat, vitamin B12, and zinc that actually prevent you from heart disease. Almonds also fastens the metabolism, which means by eating a handful of almonds everyday, you will be able to lose more weight than usual. Almonds are an amazing snack to have when you are facing anxiety, and surprisingly, it has helped a variety of people and is one of the best natural anxiety remedies of all. Raw almonds should be soaked overnight in order to become soft and easy to peel. Once peeled, the almonds should then be blended with a cup of warm milk and small amounts of nutmeg and ginger. This mixture, if taken before bed time, will help relax the body taking away the anxious feelings.
- Chocolate: Chocolate is also a great food for anxiety, and they are also super delicious as well. Dark fresh chocolate contains a high percentage of magnesium, and according to plenty of resources, it even keeps your mood staying positive. Chocolate is also an amazing comfort food, but just make sure that you don’t go overboard with chocolate and eat too much. Eat chocolate in moderation, and you will be surprised how much of a good anxiety treatment this is.
- Fish: oily fish which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids could help relieve symptoms of anxiety.
There are various herbal remedies that you can use to manage your anxiety attacks. These include:
- Valerian: Valerian with a scientific name of Valeriana officinalis is a herbal remedy primarily for insomnia. It is also used to manage mild forms of anxiety because of its calming effects. Valerian is taken an hour before bedtime to manage anxiety and insomnia at night. Valerian should not be taken for longer than three months to prevent side-effects such as headache, indigestion, palpitations and dizziness.
- Passionflower: Passionflower is another herbal remedy for treating insomnia and anxiety. The effects of passionflower are similar to benzodiazepine drugs in managing anxiety. Passionflower is considered safer than taking benzodiazepines for anxiety because it causes less drowsiness and improves the performance of people taking it. Passionflower should not be taken along with other sedatives, in order to prevent serious CNS depression.Listen to this short audio clip for some more herbs known to help with anxiety disorder:
- Kava Kava: Kava kava or simply kava, is a native herb to Polynesia. It produces anti-anxiety effects similar to other anti-anxiety herbs. However, the efficacy of kava is under controversy because of various adverse events that have been reported such as liver damage that required people who took it to undergo liver transplants. It also causes sedation that may impair your daily activities. If you plan to take kava supplements, be sure to consult your physician prior to use.
- St John’s Worth: St. John’s Worth is an anti-depressant herb that can also manage anxiety-related disorders. St. John’s Worth is available in powder form, but you can also use the fresh herb to prepare your own tea.
- Meadow Sweet: Meadow sweet is another effective herbal remedy for anxiety as well as for headaches and dizziness related to the condition. Meadow sweet can be taken as a tea or in pill form as a dietary supplement. People who are sensitive to aspirin should avoid this herb because it may also lead to hypersensitivity reactions. In addition, it should not be used to manage fever and headaches in children because it may cause Reye’s syndrome, a type of liver toxicity.
- Rosemary: Rosemary can be inhaled or used to make tea. Adding half a teaspoon into a cup of tea would be enough to lower the level of anxiety. It can also be used as incense to produce the same effect.
- Green Tea: Drinking green tea is also beneficial due to its L-theanine component which is an effective amino acid known to treat anxiety.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Ginkgo biloba is a natural remedy to elevate the mood of people suffering from depression and anxiety. It acts by improving the circulation to the brain. However, people with bleeding tendencies should avoid taking it because of its blood thinning effects. Discuss with your physician regarding the use of this herb.
These herbs may be safer to use than drugs, but consulting your physician is still the best option to safely reduce anxiety.
Learn How to Overcome Anxiety by Being Positive
When you think positively, it helps in eliminating all the bad feelings. Positivity comes in many forms, but I find that gratitude is the best way to truly overcome any type of anxiety aside from love. When you’re grateful, your feelings of lacking anything are gone. Therefore, through gratitude, you are able to look for the things you already have, rather than looking at what you don’t have, causing you to feel much better and releasing all the anxiety.
Dealing with Anxiety through Laughter
Relaxing in some peoples eyes is drinking alcohol, doing drugs, and basically things related to those things. This isn’t exactly relaxation, and it’s something you should always avoid, as it could even hinder your progress from getting cured of anxiety. Instead, try doing something you know will be able to help you truly relax. For some, it’s watching their favorite television show at least once or twice a day to relieve them of their stress. Try picking a comedy show, as happy shows could make you laugh, and we all know that laughter is the best medicine.
So laugh and laugh as much as possible. It helps extremely in getting through all those stressful moments in life, especially when those scary feelings of anxiety come. So, laugh as much as you can during those times when you’re happy, it prevents the anxiety from coming upon you.
Learn to Sleep Well
Sleep is important to ensure energy and strength to face the day. Some people who struggle with anxiety always wake up sad or discouraged and they’re usually afraid to face the day. These feelings usually take place because they didn’t get a good night’s sleep. So, try getting a minimum of 8 hours every night, and before you fall asleep, get yourself excited for the next day by thinking about what you’re going to do in the morning. This will help in making you feel more relaxed, but still excited during your sleep.
This will go a long way for the treatment of your anxiety.
Special Herbal Remedy for Dealing with Anxiety
Click the bottle to learn More!
Watch this video on how to cope with an anxiety disorder.
Not too many people know that simply implementing these techniques could help you not only get through the anxiety when it’s there, but also eliminate completely if you beat it from happening. Always laugh, as it helps the immune system immensely. Remember that anxiety doesn’t have to be dealt with for the rest of your life, and with a bit of patience, you can learn how to treat anxiety whenever it comes, probably even eliminate forever. When you learn how to deal with anxiety with a natural home remedy, you will then be able to feel more relaxed and calm more often – bringing better health overall.
More natural ways to deal with anxiety here.
Ebooks Similar to The Topic of Anxiety
Obtain this particular book immediately click here: Anxiety & Panic Attacks
Participate in our weekly home remedies e-newsletter and get home remedy plus natural health-related books one sent to your email each week scot-free!.
Should you order my special work, “The Big Book of Home Remedies” you will also attain straightaway entry to the private members space that permits you to get a hold of any one of our 400 plus superb health-related pdfs absolutely free.
December 11, 2013
Hey Sam.. I love the meme on this page.. it’s so cool. Valerian I know about, but didn’t realize rosemary and passionflower could help for anxiety. Thanks