Home remedies for kidney stones are something people are crying out for as the pain of having them is severe. Read on to discover natural kidney stones treatment methods that actually work and work without any side effects.
About 16 percent of global population suffers from this painful condition at some point in their lives. There are many effective natural remedies for kidney stones, but you should always check with a health professional or doctor because kidney pain may be indicative of a more serious trouble.
Kidney stones are deposits of organic substances or minerals in the kidneys; sometimes they may be miniscule, or they may even grow to a pea size or maybe even bigger. Mostly the victims are men in the age group of 20-40 years, and this problem in congenital. That is, if your parents or uncles have them, then you are also at risk.
Small sized stones may go undetected for years, without any symptoms, but when they become large enough to block the passage of urine through the ureter, then you may feel severe kidney stone pain during urination.
Other symptoms of kidney stones is chills, blood in urine, nausea, fever and exhaustion.
Natural Cures and Treatment for Kidney Stones
The following natural cures and home remedies for kidney stones can all help the condition and may even cure it completely but if the problem persists make sure to visit your doctor for professional consultation.
Usually diet plays a significant role in the development of kidney-stones. You should drink at least eight glasses of water every day to reduce the risk of kidney stones. If you don’t like the idea of drinking water, then you can substitute it with some non-alcoholic or caffeine-free beverage. You should avoid oxalates as much as is possible, especially when you are vulnerable to kidney stones. Oxalates are there in decaffeinated tea and in some vegetables and fruits such as rhubarb, sorrel, star fruit, and beets.
- As body converts vitamin C into oxalates, you should avoid high doses of vitamin C. You can get your vitamin C from citrus drinks instead of taking vitamin supplements. Aside from that, protein consumption can expedite the formation of calcium or uric acid in the urine, which may ultimately lead to kidney stones.
- You should consume lots of fiber as it reduces the levels of oxalates and calcium in your urine. Bran flakes are excellent way to get fiber. Aside from that, whole wheat bread is rich in magnesium, which is an important mineral that counteracts the stone formation in kidneys. Many studies have indicated that all those who consume high amounts of magnesium can avoid stones.
- The nettle leaf is famous for promoting urination and keeps water flowing through your kidneys. This helps in preventing the formation of crystals and also flush out any bacteria from kidneys. They are one of the best treatment for kidney stones as they help in maintaining the electrolyte balance in the urine. You can keep dried nettle leaf in airtight containers away from heat and light. You can grow them on your own, or source it from a health food store.
- Citrates help in reducing the build up of uric acid and help in eliminating the build up of calcium salts that can cause kidney stones. You can get adequate amount of citrates from vegetable juices and fruits such as orange grape or carrot juice.
- Vitamin A is essential for the health of your kidneys and one of the best sources of Vitamin A is carrots. You can get twice the daily requirement of vitamin A from carrots. Other vitamin A sources are squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli and pumpkins. Aside from this, vitamin B6 also combats the formation of kidney stones. You can get this vitamin from lean chicken.
- Many studies have shown the effectiveness of natural cranberry juice in taking out calcium from the urine, leaving your kidneys free from any calcium oxalate, which is responsible for the formation of one of the most common stones.
- You can drink a mixture (50 percent each) of lemon juice and olive oil as this will break done calcium in kidney stone, allowing them to pass out painlessly though the kidneys and bladder.
- You can try kidney Stone Clear which is a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients selected to dissolve and clear kidney stones.
“I always suffer with urinary issues and had it bad a month ago – but Kidney Stone Clear did the trick…” – Arlene, NY, USA
Final Word on Kidney Stones
Finally, it is best to monitor yourself to prevent this painful condition. It is normal for the healthy people to pass out two liters of urine everyday. If you are passing out a kidney stone, then you should use a mesh strainer to catch it, by urinating through it. A doctor can analyze the content of the stone, and they may be able to determine its cause and may offer you advice on ways to prevent them from forming again.
Kidney stones are quite annoying and excruciatingly painful, and you can prevent them from forming and can also reduce your kidney stone pain (if you already have them) with the help of all these home remedies for kidney stones.
Be advised it is always best to consult with your doctor first before trying a new home remedy you have not tried before.