Are you searching for natural headache remedies that work? You’re not alone, more than 37 million people suffer from headaches in the United States alone.
Many of them get constant headaches on the regular basis and are unable to do anything to mitigate their sufferings. Various medications provide relief only for a short duration and the headache returns back as soon as their effect subsides or when you stop taking them.
Headaches make everything seem worse, and in some cases, they make everything impossible. The trickiest part about headaches is to tell whether they are due to cold or circulation problems, or if they are themselves a big problem (mostly due to stress and tension). Though many of the headaches may not indicate serious problems, you must take them seriously.
Headaches due to tension can have distinct sensation and can give the sufferer a feeling as if their brain is being constricted and tensed up. Some people report that they feel as if a vice or band is squeezing their head. Researchers are still not sure about the origin of these headaches, but most experts agree that there are many natural headache remedies that work on most of the people.
Adjust Your Lifestyle
Anxiety and stress can also cause severe headaches. The best way to minimize any chances of getting tension related headaches is to control the amount of stress in your daily life. Though it may sound easier said than done, there are few steps that can help you in minimizing your stress and dealing with anxiety.
The first thing is to get lots of sleep. When you are sleep deprived, your body will immediately go into a defense mode and you may feel tired and sick. So, your goal should be to get at least eight hours of sleep. Though it may not be possible to get that much sleep on daily basis, but you should definitely take a nap as and when you get time. Secondly, you should include plenty of exercises in your daily schedule. By taking proper care of your body there is less chance of getting headaches. Exercises also reduce the amount of stress and anxiety, so there are umpteen benefits of daily exercise routine.
Some Preventative Measures
People who are searching for way to prevent their headache or migraine can find significant relief in various home remedies for headaches. Once you get a migraine attack, it may be difficult to get rid of it. Therefore, if you can find some headache cures to avoid getting the in the first place, you can be in a much better shape.
Adjust Your Diet
This is the easiest way to prevent your headache problem. You should eat nutritious diet, fruits, whole grains, proteins, and vegetables. When you are getting the right mix of nutrients, you will be in a much better position to avoid headaches. Aside from that, all these nutrients will keep you hydrated.
Aside from a good diet, you should also give due consideration to the diet that you consume. Water is the best available fluid that you should take several times a day (6-10 glasses) to keep your body hydrated. Caffeine triggers headaches and migraines, so you should monitor your intake of caffeine. A tricky thing about caffeine is that its withdrawal can trigger headaches. Therefore, if you are aiming for a reduced intake of caffeine, you must reduce it gradually because any attempt to quite cold turkey is bound to give you a painful headache.
- Cinnamon – This is one of the best home remedies for headaches if you are suffering from headaches due to your exposure to the cold weather, cinnamon is a great home remedy for you. You can mix some cinnamon powder in some water until it form a fine paste. Now you should apply this paste on both your temples and forehead to get relief from head pain.
- Rosemary – Rosemary is another useful home remedy for headache relief. You should boil some herb in a quart or liter of water and put this mixture in a deep bowl or mug. Now cover your head with your towel and inhale the steam from this mixture as long as possible. You should repeat this until you feel your headache is improving. Rosemary as an herb has a calming effect. You can drink Rosemary tea for relief from headaches caused due to stress.
- Coriander Seeds – You should put some coriander seeds into some boiling water and inhale its fragment steam to get relief from headaches caused by sinus problem.
- Peppermint – Peppermint has been used since centuries for soothing severe headaches. You can use this herb in many ways. You can get relief by drinking its tea, using a peppermint extract or its essential oil for your head massage. However, if you are suffering from various stomach acid problems, it is better if you avoid taking it internally as a natural headache remedy.
- Garlic and Ginger – Garlic has good headache allaying properties. Its juice when applied on forehead acts as an painkiller and helps in alleviating the pain. Ginger also has an analgesic effect and is used for treating headaches.
- Water Treatment – A cold compress for your head, cleansing enema with hot water, and hot formentations provide instant relief from all types of headaches that are caused by liver or stomach upsets and are one of the best and effective remedies for headache.
- Apple- You can get lasting relief from persistent headaches by eating ripe apples by sprinkling them with some salt.
- Lemon-Lemon juice that is mixed with tea (lemon tea), provides quick relief from headaches and is one of the easiest home remedies for headaches to use . The rind of lemon helps in relieving headaches that are caused by heat. You should apply fine paste of lemon rind on your temples or forehead to get instant relief from headaches.
- Hot Foot Bath – This bath is helpful in chronic headache treatment. You should keep your feet dipped in a tub that is filled with lukewarm water for about twenty minutes before going to sleep for treating your headaches effectively.
- Massage – You can get relief from headache by massaging your head with some oil. Many herbal oils such as eucalyptus oil has numerous curative properties and is helpful in treating all types of headaches and is one of the easiest and best headache remedies.
Special Homeopathic Remedy for Headaches
Headache Soothe can be used to safely reduce the heaviness and common pounding sensations associated with headaches due to stress, tension and fatigue, without harmful side effects. This remedy contains a selection of homeopathic ingredients known to address discomfort in the head, neck and shoulders often caused by tension headaches.
Ebooks related to Headache Remedies
Join our newsletter for free and you will get free access to our entire home remedies ebook collection including this ebook on curing headaches!