There are various effective home remedies for psoriasis to help you eradicate this embarrassing skin condition.
This condition is characterized by appearance of inflamed, dry scaly and red patches on an individuals skin. a healthy diet is necessary for curing this condition, although there is no set psoriasis diet, addition of some nutrients in your diet will help a lot, this includes folate, Beta carotene, anti-oxidants, zinc and omega-3 fatty acids.
This skin condition makes people self-conscious about their skin appearance and will definitely affect an individuals self esteem. Since there is no formula for treating psoriasis permanently, an individual needs to learn how to deal with the occasional flare-ups. When dealing with flare-ups it is advisable to always take wonderful care of your skin, always use heavy moisturizing products which will help improve the overall health of your skin. If your skin breaks out into patches it is advisable to treat it as soon as possible using various natural home remedies for psoriasis.
9 Natural Psoriasis Remedies
Water therapy: This is among the simplest home remedies for psoriasis which involves a mixture of water and sea salts creating a powerful remedy. The bokek dead-sea salt baths are highly recommended by various dermatologists for individuals with psoriasis and eczema among other skin conditions. The cleansing properties of this salt help clean the skin pores while detoxifying your body.
- Aloe Vera: Application of aloe vera on the psoriasis lesions can help alleviate this condition. A study done by Dr Weil on patients with psoriasis showed that aloe vera helped treat up to 83% of the patients. These patients applied the aloe vera cream on their skin three times a day for 4 weeks. He recommends that the patients use aloe vera gel instead of the cream because the cream contains other ingredients.
- Apple Cidar Vinegar: When apple cidar vinegar is diluted with water it can be used to relieve the scaling and itching associated with psoriasis. White vinegar and apple-cedar can be diluted and applied on the head, rubbed in and then left for a span of one minute before washing it off. To restore the skin’s acidity you can add a half cup of cider vinegar to your bathing water.
- Banana Peel: For many years now, the Zulu community has used banana peelings to treat various skin conditions. The banana peel is one of the major ingredients in some skin products like the Exorex. This lotion contains specific fatty acids from the banana peelings which help boost an individual’s immune system.
- Castor Oil: A mixture of castor oil with baking powder can create a powerful psoriasis treatment. The cold-pressed castor oil is applied on the small, thick and well-circumscribed lesions and left overnight. As long as your skin is not broken, this psoriasis home remedy can improve the scaly, thick heel skin.
- Chamomile: This is a widely used psoriasis home remedy in Europe. Chamomile contains an anti-inflammatory flavonoid compounds which helps treat psoriasis. If you are suffering from ragweed allergies please do not use chamomile to treat the psoriasis as it belongs to the ragweed family.
- Cayenne Pepper: This psoriasis remedy has some anti-inflammatory properties which help cure this skin condition. Two clinical trials done which were reviewed in the archives of dermatology the 1998 November issue showed that 0.025% capsicum cream created from hot pepper helps reduce the scaling and redness in psoriasis. This cream can be purchased over-the-counter and is referred to as Zostrix or capzasin-P and can be used for a span of six weeks. You should never apply this cream on a broken skin.
- Emu Oil: This oil has essential fatty acids which help treat psoriasis and so should be applied on the lesion as instructed by the producer.
- Milk Thistle: This helps purify the blood by protecting and cleansing the liver while increasing the bile flow. This remedy helps reduce the rate of abnormal cell replication caused by psoriasis. Take about 300mg of milk-thistle extract thrice a day.
Homeopathic Remedy for Psoriasis
Skin Dr. relieves symptoms associated with eczema and psoriasis such as dry itchy skin & rashes. Skin Dr. is a safe, non-addictive, FDA-registered natural remedy containing 100% homeopathic ingredients formulated to relieve acute skin problems as well as cleanse and purify the entire system.
Although, this condition is not contagious, the main cause of psoriasis remains unknown to date. Approximately 32% of these cases have a family history of psoriasis showing a genetic link. A combination of these home remedies for psoriasis, a good diet and exercise will help treat this skin condition fast.
If you found this article helpful, please share this page using the social buttons above the article.. We really appreciate you spreading the word.