Blackheads on nose, ears, forehead and cheeks are caused due to excessive sebum [oil] accumulation in the sebaceous ducts in overactive sebaceous glands.
Blackheads are also known as open comedones, which appear like a blackish plug on the nose skin.
They are commonly seen on the face, but may occur on the chest, back and other parts of the body. The substance found in the blackheads consists of keratin and sebum, which becomes dark on oxidation of melanin.
The oily skin is the main cause for the blackheads and other causes include environmental pollution and poor hygiene. How to get rid of blackheads? The following are a few excellent home remedies for blackheads.
Home and Herbal Remedies
One teaspoonful of groundnut oil is mixed with one teaspoonful of fresh lime juice to prepare a mixture. The mixture is applied to affected area to prevent the formation of blackheads.
- To one fourth cup of hot water, one teaspoonful of Epson salt and four drops of iodine is added. The mixture is mixed well and allowed to cool. The mixture is applied to the blackheads and surrounding area with a cotton ball and allowed to dry. Once the mixture is dry, blackheads are removed gently with a clean cloth.
- A paste is prepared by crushing Fenugreek leaves and applied to the blackheads. Then it is left untouched for 20 minutes and washed with lukewarm water. The paste takes away blackheads while washing. The application should be repeated every night until desired results are achieved.
- Fresh lime juice is mixed with a glass of boiled milk to prepare a face wash. The face wash can be used for the removal of blackheads.
- In a bowl, a paste is prepared by mixing one teaspoon of cinnamon powder with three teaspoonful of honey. This paste is applied to the affected area before retiring to the bed and washed in the morning with warm water. To remove blackheads on nose completely, the paste should be applied every night for two weeks.
- A solution is prepared by mixing half tablespoon of boric powder with one and half cup of hot water. The solution is applied to the face with face napkin and patted for sometime. Then, the face is rubbed with a cotton ball to remove blackheads.
- The turmeric powder is mixed with mint juice and applied to the blackheads on nose. It is left for 15 to 30 minutes and washed with the lukewarm water.
- Application of paste prepared by mixing 5gm of red sandalwood and 5 gm of turmeric with milk helps to remove blackheads.
- A fine paste of almond powder mixed with rose water is applied to the affected area which helps in the easy removal of the blackheads.
- The beaten white part of the egg is applied to the whiteheads and washed with the water. While drying, scrub the face with a towel to remove the open comedos or black heads.
Special Homeopathic Remedy for Blackheads
MediAc is a safe, non– addicting, FDA– registered natural acne cure having ONE HUNDRED % homeopathic ingredients picked to treat symptoms of acne breakouts vulgaris including inflammation, zits, whiteheads and blackheads on the face and body, consisting of the neck, back and shoulders. Learn more about MediAc here!
Steaming is very beneficial before using any of the above mentioned home remedies because it opens the pores and softens the blackheads on the nose for easy removal. After steaming and before using home remedies, blackhead softening methods can be followed for better results. The blackhead softening methods include: application of face scrub made up of green tea, application of poultice made from grated potatoes, and application of paste made from ground radish seeds.