Constant headaches can be a nuisance and disrupt daily activities to a great extent.
These headaches start for no apparent reason and continue to nag throughout the day. The common inclination is to pop in a painkiller and get some respite from this infliction. But the question is how many painkillers are you going to take for these headaches that are a regular feature of your life?
How safe are these medications when taken on a regular basis? Needless to say, the painkillers come with their own side effects and can be quite serious in the long run. The good news is that there are some natural headache remedies that are extremely effective in curing the nagging pain.
Herbal Home Remedies and Natural Treatments
There are several natural remedies that work wonders in ridding you of the continuous headache.
Lemon it away: Squeeze out the juice of a lemon and add it to a cup of tea for immediate relief from headache. Even lemon crust can be made into a fine paste and applied directly to the temple areas. This is particularly useful for headaches caused by hot sun.
- Apple a day: Eat an apple with a little salt on an empty stomach every morning for a week. Remove the peel and the inner core of the apple.
- Cinnamon paste: Prepare a fine paste of cinnamon and water and apply it to the forehead area. This is especially effective in treating headaches caused by cold.
- Herbs and spices are good too: Some people suffer from anxiety headaches. Marjoram is very beneficial in treating people who suffer from constant headaches. Make an infusion of this herb and add it to tea for better relief. Rosemary works wonders in treating cold-related headaches. Boil a handful in some water and inhale the vapor. Repeat until you feel the relief sinking in.Basil leaves can be used to make a herbal tea along with a few peppercorns and ginger. This concoction can be stored and taken with warm water when the constant headaches begin.
- Vegetable juice treatment: Spinach juice and carrot juice can be combined together to fight migraines. About 200ml of spinach juice and 300ml of carrot juice can be combined and sipped from time to time.
Special Homeopathic Remedy for Headaches
Headache Soothe can be used to safely reduce the heaviness and common pounding sensations associated with headaches due to stress, tension and fatigue, without harmful side effects. This remedy contains a selection of homeopathic ingredients known to address discomfort in the head, neck and shoulders often caused by tension headaches. Learn more about Headache Soothe here!
Make a Few Lifestyle Changes to Combat Constant Headaches
- Make sure that you are getting enough sleep: Sleep in a dark or a dimly-lit room
- Eat a well-balanced diet that is low in fat
- Exercise regularly
- Do not stay hungry for too long
- Make sure that your eyesight is alright
- Make sure that your blood pressure is within normal limits
- Avoid smoking and drinking
- Avoid nuts, red meat and chocolate
- Practice positive thinking and do not brood
For even more natural methods see this article on headache remedies.
Constant headaches can be cured very effectively by following natural remedies and making a few lifestyle changes. Some headaches occur due to allergies. These allergens need to be identified and removed as far as possible. Sometimes some foods can trigger a headache. Try to identify and remove the cause. Stress is another major cause. Practice meditation and breathing exercises to combat stress. Removing the cause of the headaches can go a long way in curing the nagging pains. But when the headaches set in then try the natural remedies for instant cure.
Also some recurring headaches are due to a type of headache condition known as a migraine. see: http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/default.htm